Immigration to Australia

 Australia is a popular choice for immigration thanks to its high quality of life, prosperous economy and diverse population (together with New Zealand, Canada and the USA). People who immigrate to Australia have access to its excellent education system, which includes several of the world's best institutions for higher education. There are also great employment opportunities available to eligible skilled foreign workers who move to Australia. The most sought-after permanent visas include skilled work visas, employer sponsored visas, business visas and student visas.

How do you migrate to Australia?

There are a wide variety of visa options available for Australia. It’s important to identify your job opportunities first so that you know which visa to apply for. There are 6 broad pathways to migrate to Australia:

  • Employer nomination pathway: this pathway requires you to be nominated by your current employer or an employer from Australia to work and live in Australia. In other words, this is work visa.
  • Skilled Independent Pathway: this pathway is without a job offer and you have to accumulate points that are awarded for your age, skills, English language and work experience.
  • Global talent pathway: this pathway if you have a special talent such as acting, sports or any other. Eg actors, sportsman, magician etc
  • Business and Innovation pathway : this applies to people who wants to undertake business and investment activities in Australia.
  • Student visa pathway: this is for people who wants to study in Australia, gain skills and qualifications. This is the most popular visa in Australia. This visa allows you to become eligible for any of the above pathways depending on what skills you have gained during your time in Australia. and
  • Refugee and Humanitarian pathway: these visas are granted on humanitarian grounds for people who cannot live in their countries. Recent example is Afghanistan.

How do you get nominated by an employer in Australia?

The Employer-Sponsored Visa is the most common type of visa in Australia. To have a valid nomination, you must have an eligible sponsor through the Employer Nominated Scheme for a subclass 186 visa (see the requirements here). You must meet the skills assessment criteria and have a profession listed in the skilled occupation list so that your sponsor can nominate you for visa 186. If you and your employer meet the eligibility criteria, your employer can make an application to nominate you. The nomination must be submitted via the ImmiAccount and your sponsor will be required to submit an application fee of AUD540 (sometimes the fee may be nil).

How do you get a skilled independent visa?

The Skilled Independent Visa is a permanent residence visa for individuals who have the qualifications and skills required to fill Australia’s skill shortages and are not sponsored by an employer, family member or nominated by a State or Territory Government. The 189 visa is a permanent application allowing the applicants to remain indefinitely in Australia with full work rights.

If you are interested about Skilled Migration visas, please visit here.

How do you get a business visa in Australia?

Do you own and run a successful business and wish to relocate to Australia? Then the Business Innovation and Investment (provisional) visa (subclass 188a) might just be the solution you’ve been waiting for. This Visa is designed for people who have an ownership interest in a business in their home country would like to establish a new or develop an existing business in Australia. Once established an ownership interest in an Australian business, the applicant can apply for permanent residence through the Business Innovation & Investment (Residence) Subclass 888 visa. To be able to get this visa you need to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) through SkillSelect and then be invited to apply.

What is the easiest way to immigrate to Australia?

There are a number of pathways to move to Australia, but the 491 visa, also known as Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491), is the simplest and quickest option to migrate to Australia. This visa may be one of the most straightforward immigration alternatives accessible to qualified candidates. Every year, over 42,000 new visas are issued to candidates who are willing to live, work, and study in Australia's remote areas for a limited time.

To be considered for this visa category, the applicant must submit his/her profile for state nomination by an Australian state or territorial government agency, and your occupation must be listed on that state's skilled occupations list for state sponsorship. For family sponsorship, you must have a family member who has resided in a regional location for at least two years and your occupation must be on Australia's MLTSSL (Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List).

While this visa restricts the bearer to living and working in rural Australia for a duration of five years, visa holders can apply for Permanent Residency through the 191 visa after just three years of living and working in a regional area.

Post a Comment